Tuesday 5 November 2013

Remember, remember the 5th of November

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

The British tradition of Bonfire night started in 1606 a year after Guy Fawkes was caught under the houses of parliament with several dozen barrels of gunpowder. Tonight for the first time in years I won’t be going to a bonfire or firework demonstration. Instead I am at work until midnight because I completely forgot about this year’s celebration. If I am honest though the older I am getting the less excited I get about loud bangs, pretty fireworks and warming my hands on a large fire.

If you are one of the brave souls out tonight in the cold and rain than enjoy it while you still can.


No comments:

Post a Comment